Sometimes carving pumpkins can be a real chore—but fear not! Morton Place Assisted Living has come up with a contest for people to dress up their pumpkins with PAINT and DECORATIONS! This contest is open to all ages and businesses! Purchase your pumpkin from one of our great local vendors and let the creativity begin!
Here is how the contest works and the rules:
- The main part of each entry must be a pumpkin or a member of the pumpkin family.
- Pumpkins my not be carved or hollowed out.
- Pumpkins may not be larger than 2 x 2 x 2
- Pumpkins, objects and materials used to decorate pumpkins may not be reclaimed until after the contest, under any circumstances.
- Objects, paper and materials of any kind may be pinned or glued to the pumpkins. Participants may also draw or paint on their entries or dress them up. Again, do not carve or hollow out your pumpkin.
- No electrical device may be used as part of any entry.
- Each entry must have a title.
- Morton Place reserves the right to dispose of any pumpkin that starts to rot during the contest period.
- Pumpkins shall be picked up at Morton Place no later than November 1st by 7:00 p.m.
- All entrants should write their name, age and/or business on the bottom of the pumpkin with a permanent marker.
- No pre-purchased pre-decorated pumpkins will be allowed to enter the contest.
- One entry per person and/or business.
- All pumpkins MUST be registered before 3:00 p.m. on October 29th. Morton Place Address: 1500 14th Avenue, Nebraska City
- Judging will take place on October 31st, winners will be notified by November 1st and prizes handed out.
Categories for Pumpkins: 1) Scariest 2) Funniest 3) Most Unusual 4) Best of Show
Age Groups: 1) 10 years and under 2) 11-16 years 3) 17 years on up 4) Business (1 entry per business)
Judging criteria: Originality; ingenious use of pumpkin, quality of work, suitability of the title and quality of work!
PRIZES! PRIZES! PRIZES!
For more information or questions/concerns please call Ginger Apprich at Morton Place Assisted Living, 402-873-5551